Vivid Sydney is a unique annual event of light, music and ideas, featuring an outdoor ‘gallery’ of extraordinary lighting sculptures, a cutting-edge contemporary music program, some of the world’s most important creative industry forums and, of course, the spectacular illumination of the Sydney Opera House sails. It is 23 day festival of light, music and ideas starting at the end of May and continuing up to mid of June.
Interesting features of Vivid Sydney–Light, Music and Ideas Festival
- Vivid Light transforms Sydney into a wonderland of ‘light art’ sculptures, innovative light installations and grand-scale projections for all to enjoy – for free. It is a magical celebration of light-design excellence and the world’s largest outdoor ‘art- gallery’: a unique Vivid Sydney experience.
- Vivid Light engages lighting artists, designers and manufacturers from around Australia and the world to illuminate, interpret and transform Sydney’s urban spaces through their creative vision.
- Vivid Music presents a cutting-edge contemporary music program.From local and international acts performing at the iconic Sydney Opera House, to other large venues and small bars, Vivid Sydney hosts a lively and eclectic range of live performances and ground-breaking musical collaborations.
- Vivid Ideas is the Asia Pacific’s annual celebration of innovation, creativity and community, building audiences and markets for the creative industries, and offering professional development opportunities across the sector.
- The program truly spans the innovation and imagination sector: from technology and start-up culture to design and architecture, film and screen content to visual arts and performance, advertising and marketing to animation, VFX, lighting and events.
- During the festival, Vivid Ideas brings together business and creative leaders for professional development, information updates on their industries, market opportunities and innovation: gathering all the conversations, conventions and big announcements in Sydney.
If you are planning a Travel to Australia in the month of May and June then enjoy this beautiful festival of light there.