Boracay has rapidly become the Philippines’ top tourist destination. The centre of the action is dreamy White Beach, a 4km, postcard-perfect stretch of sand lined from one end to the other with hotels, restaurants, bars, and dive shops now several blocks deep. The beach path is typically awash with visitors, including large groups of package tourists.
Located approximately 315 km (196 mi) south of Manila and 2 km off the northwest tip of Panay Island in Western Visayas region of the Philippines.
- Boracay Island and its beaches have received awards from numerous travel publications and agencies.
- Apart from its white sand beaches, Boracay is also famous for being one of the world’s top destinations for relaxation. It is also emerging among the top destinations for tranquility and nightlife.
- The ocean is full of romantic paraws (an outrigger sailboat) giving rides; colourful parasails fill the air. After perfect sunsets, live music breaks out, and firedancers twirl their batons. The party goes on all night.
- Head north to peaceful Diniwid Beach for a break in the action, or east to Bulabog Beach, home to the local watersports crowd, with its welcoming community vibe.
- All things considered, Boracay is a place where you can find whatever you want if you know where to look.
Best Time to Visit
There are 2 seasons in the Philippines: The Dry Season runs from December to June. Air temperature is about 25°C during the Winter months and increase sharply from March to June with 35°C heat at times!
If you are planning a Travel to Philippines then your trip will not complete until you get surfing on the Boracay’s beaches.